A new build of the Age of Grit Alpha (v 0.0.2) is now available over on Indie Game Stand. You can find it in your
. Last month you should have all received an email containing login credentials for your IGS account. If you didn't get this email or if you need help downloading the Alpha then please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we can get things sorted out for you.
We've made a lot of progress--lots of fixes, tweaks, and changes:
-The Overworld UI has been given a bit of a face lift. It still needs a little more work, but it's much improved over the last build. One comment we heard a lot is that the Overworld was a little confusing/awkward to navigate--I think things are a lot more intuitive now.
- We've adjusted the airship stats and game balance a bit. There's still some work left on this front.
- There was an issue with the town weather effects--in some situations the particles weren't visible. This should be fixed now.
- Some users had problems with our bug reporting tool; sometimes it wasn't sending the reports properly. For the time being we've deactivated it. Until we get it fixed please refer all your comments to email@example.com. We truly need your input, any and all feedback is greatly appreciate!
- We've made a lot of progress on the proper inventory/upgrade system, though it isn't quite ready for prime time. The Alpha still just has the place holder system we were using before--though we cleaned up the UI a bit and upgraded the item icons.
- There's a bunch of other smaller changes that you may or may not notice. A lot of minor bugs and issues have been dealt with.
There was a little confusion about why we are using Indie Game Stand instead of Steam. Once the Beta is ready to go we will release it over on Steam as an Early Access game--and of course the final game will be released on Steam. We're already Greenlit--thanks to all of you--so everything is ready to go on that front. But for the Alpha we went with IGS. It's a much smaller community they're much more Alpha friendly over there. We just want to make sure that the game is in tip top shape before we put it up on Steam.
Right now we have the Beta squarely in our sights. The Beta should be a much more complete experience than the Alpha is right now--it should be pretty close to the final version of the game, just lacking some of the content.
Thanks to everyone for all your support! Again, we really appreciate any feedback you can give us regarding the latest Alpha. Email any feedback to firstname.lastname@example.org.